Sunday 28 June 2015

I, who have countless books to read...

Here's another undated poem from Mr Nash, but undoubtedly written in 1959 when he was at the height of his infatuation with our mother Marianne.

Do you like the book-themed wrapping paper I found in an old-fashioned newsagent's in Greenwich to use as a background on the blog? It's just perfect! :)


I, who have countless books to read
And welcome time upon  my  hands
This day, did vainly search for one
That would your presence bring to me.
So, then ,I wished that I could read
The verses I have made for you
That I could now recapture whole
Sweet moments past when I your beauty held
In thought, that then brought ecstasy
Though none that you might bring
If you were here with me.

1 comment:

  1. Homage to Shakespeare and Keats, in spirit and heart.

    ReplyDelete